Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Embrace the Shake




It's been almost 5 months since I've actually sat down and written for this blog.  It's also been over 6 years since I put down my first post.  Over the past 6 years I've shared a lot of information, but it's also been a place for me to reflect.  Something I've missed the past year.  It's interesting, the reason I'm writing this post is because of a video I watched recently.  I'm a fan of TEDTalks and a colleague shared this one with me:

Phil Hansen:  Embrace the Shake

Within the first 2 minutes, I realized that this talk made sense to me.  I had difficulties in my new position and I gave up this blog.  I gave up something that has connected me to so many others and so many experiences.  I'm hoping that this year I can, as Phil says, embrace the shake.  I am starting another new position.  I'll continue in my role in Assistive Technology, but now I'll be (for the first time ever) in a resource special education position.  I've never done anything but self-contained, and while this was something I never thought I would do, I'm looking forward to it.  Whether it's the challenge or just the change I am going in with a lot of new ideas.

I don't know exactly how this will change this blog, but I do know that I am going to keep posting my ideas.  I'll be sharing my thoughts and hopefully getting some feedback!  Take a few minutes and watch Phil, maybe it will inspire you to embrace the shake



Share this
Do you know somebody else who would find this post interesting or useful? Please forward it to them. Did somebody forward this post to you? Visit Teaching All Students and subscribe to receive posts for free. If you need a RSS Reader please visit this post Google Reader Replacements.

No comments:

Post a Comment